October 13, 2011

Spoons

So I got a new novel/short story idea and I just wanted to post it here in the event that I ever got really writer happy or something and I wanted to pursue it. So basically, we're not allowed to carry spoons around in school because they're considered potential weapons. LONG story. But basically, I started thinking. If spoons can be used as a weapon, what else will schools consider a weapon? What would happen if schools went too far in efforts to keep their students safe to the point where the student began to be disfigured "for their own good"? I know, it sounds super Kurt Vonnegut-y, but you know what, it's a valid point. What if shoelaces, belts, forks, knives, pens and pencils were all banned from a school environment? And what if that was just the tip of the iceberg? I'm telling you, this could be a fantastic writing idea and a perfect story opportunity. If I ever have the time, I'll post an opening paragraph or two. And if this makes NO sense to you, just be glad you can keep your spoons. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment